Hello Tempayy launches four variants of the natural plant protein in Hyderabad and shares two tasty recipes that use Tempeh, the fermented soy product
In this time and age when the health and wellness food is increasingly steering towards the discussion on the benefits of plant protein, Vegolution, a Bengaluru-based food startup founded by Siddharth Ramasubramanian, launches natural protein product ‘Hello Tempayy in Hyderabad. It will currently be available in four ready to cook preservative-free variants of Tempeh – Natural Tempayy, Simply Sriracha Tempayy, Peppery Szechuan Chilli Tempayy, and Spiced Tawa Masala Tempayy.
Tempeh or Tempe is a delicious, nutritious, wholesome, and 100% vegetarian protein-rich made by fermenting non-GMO soybeans. Tempeh dates back several centuries and is made by a natural culturing and controlled fermentation process that binds soybeans into a cake form. It is packed with protein, fibre, and good fats, giving vegetarians, fitness enthusiasts, and conscious foodies a delicious, nutritious, and healthy, plant-based, protein-rich food.
Tempeh, the super bean-based, easy-to-cook ingredient can be adapted across cuisines and offers balanced nutrition. Chef Siddhartha Jadhav, Food Consultant shares two recipes made using Tempeh.
|Prep Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||15 mins|
|Tortillas/ Taco shells||04||Nos|
|For the refried beans|
|Salt to taste|
|For the sour cream||04||Tsp|
|Salt to taste|
|Fresh red chillies||01||Nos|
|Black pepper powder||01||Tsp|
- Unbox Hello Tempayy natural cubes
- Marinate tempayy cubes in the barbeque sauce for 10 mins
- Sauté for 5 mins and keep aside.
- Boil Rajma till soft and grind it into a paste
- In a pan heat oil and sauté the chopped garlic.
- Then add the tomato puree and sauté for approximately 4 mins.
- Add the rajma paste and cumin powder and cook for 10 mins.
- Finish with chopped jalapenos, chopped coriander and salt to taste.
- Heat the tortillas on a hot tawa. Skip if using taco shells
- Spread it on a board and spread the refried beans evenly on it
- Add the barbeque marinated tempayy and top it with sour cream
- Make a roll/ taco and serve.
Mangalorean Ghee Roast
|Prep Time||10 MINS|
|Cooking Time||30 MINS|
For 200 gm Tempayy
|Dry red chilli/Kashmiri chilli||7-8||Nos|
|Salt to taste|
- Season the natural tempayy cubes with some salt and pepper. Pan toss seasoned cubes for 5-7 mins till golden brown and keep aside.
- Dry roast red chilli, coriander seeds, jeera, black pepper, fennel seeds and methi seeds until their aromas are released.
- Put them in a blending jar, then add garlic, ginger and tamarind water and grind them in a fine paste.
- Adjust the consistency by adding a little water
- Heat some ghee in a pan, add chopped onions and cook them until they are golden translucent
- Pour the prepared paste in the pan and cook on low flame for 1-2 minutes
- Add curd and stir continuously
- Increase the flame and cook until ghee is released
- Add sugar/jaggery to balance the taste. Add salt to taste.
- Add tempayy cubes and curry leaves, and mix well
- Cook for 5 minutes and serve hot